Pathways Spiritual Sanctuary is an outdoor experience located at 6,100 feet elevation in the northern Black Hills of South Dakota. Walking paths meander through forest and meadow and lead to inspirational bronze sculptures, a meditative labyrinth, hand-hewn benches and bronze plaques with inspiring quotes to contemplate.
The weather is typical mountain weather with temperatures generally 10-15 degrees cooler than temperatures on the surrounding plains, including Rapid City. Layered clothing is advised as temperatures can change rapidly. Umbrellas are available at the gate for use in case of rain.
A mix of clouds and sun early, then becoming cloudy later in the day. High 42F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph.
Cloudy with snow showers mainly during the morning. High 37F. Winds E at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 40%.
Cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy in the afternoon. High near 45F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunny skies. High 48F. Winds light and variable.
A utility vehicle is available for those unable to walk the path. Please email a request at least three days in advance of visit.
- Respect the space and silence of others
- Please stay on the designated pathways
- You enter at your own risk
- Do not smoke or light any fires
- Pathways are uneven so walk with care
- There are portable toilet facilities but no water
- Dogs are allowed if on leash and are well-behaved and do not bark
- Cell phone service is limited