Pathways Spiritual Sanctuary is an outdoor experience located at 6,100 feet elevation in the northern Black Hills of South Dakota. Walking paths meander through forest and meadow and lead to inspirational bronze sculptures, a meditative labyrinth, hand-hewn benches and bronze plaques with inspiring quotes to contemplate.
The weather is typical mountain weather with temperatures generally 10-15 degrees cooler than temperatures on the surrounding plains, including Rapid City. Layered clothing is advised as temperatures can change rapidly. Umbrellas are available at the gate for use in case of rain.
Mainly clear. Lows overnight in the low 40s.
Chance of Rain
Partly cloudy skies during the morning hours will give way to occasional showers in the afternoon. High 62F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
Cloudy with periods of rain. High 43F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%. Rainfall near a half an inch.
Periods of rain. High 41F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.
A utility vehicle is available for those unable to walk the path. Please email a request at least three days in advance of visit.
- Respect the space and silence of others
- Please stay on the designated pathways
- You enter at your own risk
- Do not smoke or light any fires
- Pathways are uneven so walk with care
- There are portable toilet facilities but no water
- Dogs are allowed if on leash and are well-behaved and do not bark
- Cell phone service is limited