Pathways Spiritual Sanctuary is an outdoor experience located at 6,100 feet elevation in the northern Black Hills of South Dakota. Walking paths meander through forest and meadow and lead to inspirational bronze sculptures, a meditative labyrinth, hand-hewn benches and bronze plaques with inspiring quotes to contemplate.
The weather is typical mountain weather with temperatures generally 10-15 degrees cooler than temperatures on the surrounding plains, including Rapid City. Layered clothing is advised as temperatures can change rapidly. Umbrellas are available at the gate for use in case of rain.
A mix of clouds and sun early, then becoming cloudy later in the day. Slight chance of a rain shower. High around 55F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph.
Partly cloudy skies. High 38F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.
Sun and a few passing clouds. Warmer. High 58F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.
Plentiful sunshine. Near record high temperatures. High 64F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
A utility vehicle is available for those unable to walk the path. Please email a request at least three days in advance of visit.
- Respect the space and silence of others
- Please stay on the designated pathways
- You enter at your own risk
- Do not smoke or light any fires
- Pathways are uneven so walk with care
- There are portable toilet facilities but no water
- Dogs are allowed if on leash and are well-behaved and do not bark
- Cell phone service is limited